Good Day Everyone! We are back with another round of gratitude leading up to Thanksgiving. It was going to be 40 days, but it snuck up on us and that leaves us starting on a Friday (which we always love) and gives us 35 days. It seems appropriate to start the first day with a definition, etymology, and gratitude list.
Definition – The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
Etymology – mid-15c., “good will,” from Middle French gratitude (15c.) or directly from Medieval Latin gratitudinem (nominative gratitudo) “thankfulness,” from Latin gratus “thankful, pleasing” (from suffixed form of PIE root *gwere- (2) “to favor”). Meaning “thankfulness” is from 1560s.
- I am grateful to spend the day with my grandmother.
- I am grateful for Fleetwood.
- I am grateful for a warm place to sleep and wake up to.
- I am grateful for people that have helped me in my life.
- I am grateful for technology.